Question Why my ethernet speed is only 100 when i have 1gb internet

kanewolf

Titan
I have cat 6 ethernet cable so that must not be the case. Every time i do internet speed test it starts from 1000mpbs but then quickly drops to 100mpbs i think it is not normal.

link to my internet speed test results

View: https://youtu.be/yMtPfCTOMEg
If you have in-wall wiring, that is the first place to check. Next if you have "flat" cables, try replacing them with round 100% copper cat5e cables.
There are hundreds of junk cables sold on amazon and other sites. Just because it says "cat6" doesn't mean it isn't a junk cable.

Jul 20, 2019
If you have in-wall wiring, that is the first place to check. Next if you have "flat" cables, try replacing them with round 100% copper cat5e cables.
There are hundreds of junk cables sold on amazon and other sites. Just because it says "cat6" doesn't mean it isn't a junk cable.
[/QUOTE

My ethernet cable goes straight to the router

Feb 4, 2020
Mörtti, if you're using Windoze, go download Belarc PC Advisor, which will generate a complete report on your computer system (internal devices, network speed, etc), without you having to manually type in everything here on TomsHardware. Click here to get the tool, it's free, and it's been available for years. If you're using a Linux Operating System, get me the following outputs from Terminal:

netstat -a eth0

sudo ifconfig

I see you're in Europe, like myself. I also saw you hit 850Mbps for a blink, then throttled down to sub-200Mbps.

Shoot me a Private Message if you get stuck, I'll see you through. Greetings from The Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Live long, and prosper, friend.

Last edited: