why shouldnt i use ONLY a TV for viewing

G

i want to use a TV as my monitor and ONLY a TV, but i keep getting told that this is not a good idea
why not?
what is the difference?
any information will help

also, if anyone has any suggestions,
what cards will do this? (if it is feasible to do)
thanks

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
You will get a headache trying to read the text on a TV.
As you might know a TV has much worse resolution than a regular monitor.

Oh, and almost any card on the market have TV output.

This is my new sig.

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
Just check out your picture on the TV...you'll most likely get your best answer there. If, on the other hand, you have an ungodly TV, you may not have any clearity problems with your picture, and may be able to use just the TV.

Was your TV more or less than $8K (recently purchased)?

While wearing syran-wrap speedos, my shrink had the nerve to tell me "I can cleary see yer nuts!"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have to set my resolution 640x480 AND use large fonts simply to read the text on a TV! Gateway sold some 35" 800x600 monitors that were clearence last year for about $500, and had both VGA and RCA video inputs, so you could use a VCR as a tuner. And it even had remote controlled speakers. Maybe you can still find one?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Y whould u want to ? the resolution on a monitor screen is FAR FAR FAR superior to that oh a tv screen !!! the problems that you will encounter are : BAD eye stain (unless your tv screen will display it at 100 plus hurts) but then u will still have problems with sharpness , graphics card groblem's & game shape broblems !. If ya wanted a tv on your pc then there are such things as tv-cards !. hope u make the right decestion (as it will be costly)

linux has got to be better !