Why so high temperature ? :(

VK7

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
See the image guys..(see maximum temp) & tell me why so much of high temperature after playing games for 5 mins. & also why there is a difference between the temp. of CPU 0 & CPU...
& yea, no problem in thermal paste...

2CCx0r.jpg

My Specs:-
Pro:- FX 8350 4.0 ghz
MB:- Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0
GPU:- HD 7770 1 GB DDR5
Psu:- VIP GOLD 500w
Ram:- 8GB
Cabinet or Case:- Circe Desire D1.

Solution
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the motherboard... I was describing your power supply and the issues it may be causing.

You really shouldn't be using Prime95 with a stock cooler.

A more comprehensive test will load the CPU and GPU at the same time. Since then you will have two major heat sources in the computer.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
CPU 0, Package etc are readings from the CPU. The other are readings from the CPU socket on the motherboard. The socket is not cooled as directly as the chip.

Since you didn't list a cooler, I assume you are using the stock cooler. It is okay, but not ideal for heavy gaming sessions. You should invest in a decent aftermarket cooler.

Power supply is questionable:

12V should not go below 11.4 volts to be within spec. 5V should not go below 4.75V, your reporting is showing both as happening and both averages are reading below spec.

Low voltages will mean the motherboard components have to push more current. This will increase the duty cycle on the VRM components, they will be running warmer as a result as well.

VK7

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
yes I'am using stock cooler.. & i recently buy my PC...I was playing FIFA 15 then within 5 mins temperature goes to more than 70C :( ...
so to solve this heating problem all i have to do is, buy a new cooler for processor ?
& yea i think my cabinet is very small also.. :/
so i have to buy a new PSU also ???

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, a decent aftermarket cooler will make a large impact on the temperatures. You can also try undervolting the CPU a little if you are comfortable doing that. Might make the system a little less stable under heavy load, but would effectively reduce temperatures. Could also lower the CPU frequency while doing that.

I can't find much information about the VIP 500W Gold. Seems to be rated as a 460W power supply with 30amps on the 12V rail. Quality wise I see a lot of people reporting failure just after the 2 year warranty. It is not a 80+ Gold rated supply, they are literally referring to the paint or plating they have applied to make the chassis a gold color.

I would certainly invest in a name brand power supply in your situation. If you can verify those voltages using another monitoring tool it is a sign that the power supply is of poor quality. Meeting the ATX spec is not that difficult. Probably a bad primary capacitor in there.

VK7

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
yep u r right.. its name is VIP Gold because its in gold color...
I just wanna get rid of these high temperature...is it possible that there is a defect in my new mobo or processor ?? or its just because of bad PSU, stock cooler & small case/cabinet ???

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't necessarily blame the power supply on the temperatures. Maybe a minor contributing factor. Motherboard would certainly run a little warmer. Should just be replaced so it doesn't burn out and damage your PC.

Pretty normal for the stock cooler to be fine at idle and minor loads and not so great at high output. Games like FIFA just eat up CPU horsepower and cause excessive heating.

A new case might not be a bad idea either, and simple cases can be relatively cheap upgrades.

VK7

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
alright i will talk to the shopkeeper about my mobo...
well one more thing, if u take a look at the pic again...u will see that temperature of Mobo is nice...only problem is about processor...coz other devices like Internal Hard Disk doesn't heat up...
So is it really a mobo problem or its because of stock cooler only ???

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the motherboard... I was describing your power supply and the issues it may be causing.

You really shouldn't be using Prime95 with a stock cooler.

A more comprehensive test will load the CPU and GPU at the same time. Since then you will have two major heat sources in the computer.

Solution