Why the MSI hate?

UncreativeName

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
So as I'm searching around , deciding on parts for my build I seem to see lots of people bashing MSI motherboards saying that their QC isn't great and you should go with Asus or gigabyte, and sometimes asrock. An example is between the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and the Asus Z97-A. Lots of people say they would choose the Asus based on trust and quality. This confuses me though since pretty much every where I look, while the reviews on the Asus are great the MSI is even better. Not to mention the RMA rates as of late where the MSI has a lower RMA rate than BOTH Asus and Asrock being beaten only by Gigabyte. Most people prefer the way the gaming 5 looks, its offers pretty much the same features, its cheaper, from what I've read slightly out performs the Z97-A, it overclocks as good and I think I've read somewhere that its capacitors are slightly better. So what I fail to under stand is why MSI get all the hate and Asus get all the love? Thanks just curious.

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
There is nothing wrong with msi but it isn't as good as Asus or Gigabyte. In terms of durability capacitors,Solder and other components used in Msi motherboards are cheaper than The ones Asus and GigaByte. I have never used any Msi motherboard or graphics card only because i want durability i want my product to last long i never have used any of their product in this fear that they don't get broken so i cant defend them or prove them wrong this is all based on personal opinion gathered from info on the internet.

I have the Asus Z97-K Which is the same thing as the Z97-A But it doesnt have the feature to use Sli but it can crossfire
i chose Asus i trust them.

UncreativeName

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

As I said, as of lately Asus and their quality seems to have gone down since the failure rates on their boards are actually higher than MSI and as for the GPU reliability thing: http://hexus.net/business/news/components/77061-reliability-report-gigabyte-top-motherboards-msi-graphics/
Statistics show that MSI are in fact the most reliable for graphics cards, which is clearly shown by people's love for the new twin frozr.

I have the MSI mobo in my sig which I have been using for about 2 yrs. It is a very good board which OCs the 4670K quite well when needed. No problems with it. MSI Support is also top notch. When I buy again, I will prolly get another MSI mobo.

Yogi

UncreativeName

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

Yeah, I use it all the time. Overall I just think the competitors for Asus boards from MSI are cheaper and as good or better.