[SOLVED] Why they don't make wireless monitor?

Nov 19, 2019
I was planning to buy an external monitor for my laptop and out of curiosity I searched for wireless monitor on amazon but didn't get any relevant result. It only mean that either they don't make wireless monitors or its too expensive that they don't sell it on amazon (at least in my country). When we have everything wireless these days, then what is that thing that is preventing the development of wireless monitors? Don't you think that with wireless monitor along with wireless keyboard and mouse will make the computer setup much more cleaner and convenient?

Solution
a simple resolution:

1920x1080
x 60 FPS
x8 bits/pixel

= 1,004,544,000 bits per second required (WIRED Gigabit internet territory)

and that is lower end resolution AND FPS

Plus the above mentioned latency issues, reliability of connection, etc.
a simple resolution:

1920x1080
x 60 FPS
x8 bits/pixel

Solution

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
there are hdmi adapeters that work taking the signal, converting it into a form of wifi signal and sending it to a receiver on the monitor, maning it wireless

distance, interference, image compression, latency and other problems will happen with it

for a external monitor, a portable one, you need simplicity, connect and go, if it has internal batttery, it would be nice, if not, then you need to plug it to the wall socket, and also you will need a hdmi or a usb type c connector to carry the signal from the device to the monitor, so in reality, no need for it to be wireless

a simple resolution:

1920x1080
x 60 FPS
x8 bits/pixel

It's actually 8 bits per channel with 3 channels (Red, Green, and Blue), which is 24 bits per pixel :) so actually requires about 3 Gbit/s. You would need 10 GbE :p

Reactions: TJ Hooker