Question Why will Windows 10 only install Printer Driver for Brother MFC?

Jan 10, 2024
I have looked everywhere for answers, and still cannot get my Brother MFC-9330CDW to install properly.

When I attempt to "ADD DEVICE" (not as a Printer, but a Device) it finds the Brother MFC on the Network, and even shows the icon as a MFC. However, when I go to install the Drivers, only the Printer Driver installs.

I have also (after removing the "printer") attempt to use the Brother Install program, and I still only can use the printer, and not the Scanner. I can't use the USB connection (for one thing I am already using the all of the USB ports).

Has anyone else have this kind of problem?

I have been able to print without issue for a long time, but now I need to use the scanner, and this is driving me crazy (short trip I realize!)

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED! Thanks all!

Ken L

Jan 10, 2024
I might have to use the USB port as this printer worked fine with Windows 10 using USB, I just wanted to avoid that so i don't have to keep this PC on while the other PC's wanted to use this printer as well as not having to worry about adding additional USB ports. Looks like i have little choice though :-\

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Because vendors will need to rewrite the scanning software to support new OS.

Vendors and Microsoft just won't support old devices.

They want you junk the old stuff and purchase new ones.