Question Why won't I get any signal in windows?

Oct 19, 2021
I use a Ryzen 7 5700g for CPU and the GPU intergrated. I don't get any signal to my monitor when I load into windows but I have a signal in bios. I can verify windows is loading because I was able to shutdown the computer running "shutdown /h" in the run terminal. This started happening when I plugged my wheel into my usb port. I have uninstalled and reinstalled amd drivers multiple times. Reset windows twice and this still happens. I am able to load into safe mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 19, 2021
Boot up your system without the wheel connected. Once up and running, connect the wheel to a motherboard rear USB port. Does the wheel calibrate (wheel should automatically rotate left and right)?

-Wolf sends
Yes the wheel does calibrate, but I still have no signal in windows. I have also tried loading without anything plugged in apart from the hdmi, still no signal.

Oct 19, 2021
If you can, borrow someone's graphics card to temporarily install in your system to see if you can get it to boot normally. I'm beginning to suspect the motherboard, but cannot rule out the OS.

-Wolf sends
I have used my Dad's 1650 Super and it works perfectly fine. WIth the integrated graphics, I have also reset windows and wiped the drive twice and the display still doesn't work. I also installed ubuntu to a USB and tried to run that. It is a similar problem, the display is getting a signal but it is completely blank.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
I have used my Dad's 1650 Super and it works perfectly fine. WIth the integrated graphics, I have also reset windows and wiped the drive twice and the display still doesn't work. I also installed ubuntu to a USB and tried to run that. It is a similar problem, the display is getting a signal but it is completely blank.
In that case it sounds like either the integrated graphics have failed or the HDMI port on the motherboard has failed. Can't think of any other way to test other than replacing each component.

-Wolf sends

Oct 19, 2021
In that case it sounds like either the integrated graphics have failed or the HDMI port on the motherboard has failed. Can't think of any other way to test other than replacing each component.

-Wolf sends
Ok, Thanks for your help. I will bring it to my local computer store tomorrow.