[SOLVED] Wi-fi issues/ PC Configuration

FabioT

Commendable
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I've had issues with wifi connection on my computer for about 4 months now, ever since I moved to a new flat where I have a new internet contract. Basically, everytime I start my pc (running on windows 10) and open a browser, after a few seconds the connection drops. That lasts for half a minute or so, then the connection starts working normally. Occasionally I experience a second drop after a couple of minutes. Strangely, the connection can only be reestablished if I keep trying accessing a website or refreshing the current one - if I just wait, then nothing happens...

I have no similar issues with any other device (laptop, phone, ...). The problem will occur with all main browsers. It might just be a configuration issue, but I really don't know what to look at... does anybody have an idea?

Thanks!

Solution
When you changed it the router may have selected different radio channels to use. I would see if it tells you what channels it picked so if you have problems again you will know if maybe it picked different ones that have more issues.

FabioT

Commendable
Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for your answer - I'm using wifi. I just tried running the troubleshooter. It told me that the issue is the following: "The default gateway is not available". That was apparently fixed by the troubleshooter, but the issue is still there, unfortunately.

FabioT

Commendable
Sep 19, 2019
Sorry for the delay. I have just split the connection into 2.4 and 5 Ghz Range, for some reason the connections now seems to be stable with both ranges. I have been testing it for a couple of days now. Don't really understand why, but that somehow solved the problem. Thanks!