Question Wi-Fi Switch Disappeared

Jun 21, 2019
I know, it sounds very, very strange. I'm not sure if its a bug from the recent Windows 10 updates or my VPN but my Wi-Fi switch is gone. I can't find my wireless network adapter too in device manager. '

In case you were wondering what laptop model I'm using, its a Toshiba Satellite L55-C5392.

Hi

Can you please check if there's a switch or key (or a combination of keys with Fn) to enable/disable the wireless device and Bluetooth on your laptop? If so, turning it on should bring back the Wi-Fi option in your Windows settings.

Please report back for further assistance if this doesn't help.

Cheers!!

Jun 21, 2019
Hi

Can you please check if there's a switch or key (or a combination of keys with Fn) to enable/disable the wireless device and Bluetooth on your laptop? If so, turning it on should bring back the Wi-Fi option in your Windows settings.

Please report back for further assistance if this doesn't help.

Cheers!!

Unfortunately it doesn't work because the wireless device switch and the bluetooth switch are gone. They don't exist. There's nothing to enable/disable. So yea, the current fix is not working.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer logs on your Toshiba.

There may be some relevant entries, error codes, or warnings with respect to the wireless network adapter, its' drivers, or some configuration change.

You can also try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters . The troubleshooters may find and fix some problem.

Another option is to run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the Command prompt.