Question WiFi Card Compatible with AsrockX570 Phantom Gaming 4

Nov 23, 2019
Hi. I have a new MB AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4. I want to buy the M2 WiFi card but not sure which one should I buy from Intel AX201NGW or AX200NGW.
I understand the differences between them is the interface even though they both use the same form factor/connection M.2 2230:

AX201NGW - M.2: CNVio2
AX200NGW - Wi-Fi(PCIe), BT(USB)

Which one should I buy for my motherboard?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. I have a new MB AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4. I want to buy the M2 WiFi card but not sure which one should I buy from Intel AX201NGW or AX200NGW.
I understand the differences between them is the interface even though they both use the same form factor/connection M.2 2230:

AX201NGW - M.2: CNVio2
AX200NGW - Wi-Fi(PCIe), BT(USB)

Which one should I buy for my motherboard?
Since neither of those cards includes antennas or anything why do you thnink that is the best choice?
That motherboard doesn't have a standard WIFI M.2 slot -- meaning easy access for antenna connections. It has M.2 slots that are intended for storage. A standard PCIe card would be a better choice.

Nov 23, 2019
Since neither of those cards includes antennas or anything why do you thnink that is the best choice?
That motherboard doesn't have a standard WIFI M.2 slot -- meaning easy access for antenna connections. It has M.2 slots that are intended for storage. A standard PCIe card would be a better choice.

Yes the MB has an M.2 Key E slot for a Wifi card. I just need to know which one is compatible. The antennas I can add from different choices.

May 13, 2020
@chiquito3

I have a x570 steel legend, and had the same question. Every card with CNVI or CNVIo2 does require a intel cpu/socket. I'm not sure if the second choice would work though. I took a step back and bought a intel wifi 8260 card with antenna set on alixpress.

Reactions: chiquito3

Acnapyx

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
I have the same question, can some one tell us about what wifi M.2 cards is supported as asrock advertise on their site or some one with X570 Phantom Gaming 4 wifi ax can tell us what model is wifi module.
Thanks

Reactions: chiquito3