[SOLVED] Wifi connection benchmark tool for windows like wifi sweetspot on android/ios?

Aakash singh43

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
Hi i’ve been trying to find a tool like sweetspot to test speed between router and pc for windows 10 but was unable to find anything.
People are suggesting iPerf but that requires another pc which limits the the speed test as max speed limits to uplink speed of source device. I just want test my pc and router link speed.

Solution
So ok 100 Mbps port is giving me 80mbps speed but what about another laptop that is also sending data directly through laptop’s wifi, even if it is sending data at let say @100mbps why max speed is always stuck at 80Mbps. Won’t it be sum of both stream wired plus wireless.
Windows won't use two simultaneous network connections for file transfers.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi i’ve been trying to find a tool like sweetspot to test speed between router and pc for windows 10 but was unable to find anything.
People are suggesting iPerf but that requires another pc which limits the the speed test as max speed limits to uplink speed of source device. I just want test my pc and router link speed.
If you test with one wired host and your PC on wireless, you will be limited by the wireless speed.

All "Sweetspot" does is show the link rate between your WIFI source and device. Windows can show you that information.
No actual throughput testing happens with that tool.

Aakash singh43

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
If your router LAN port is 100Mbit then that router is limited to 100Mbit throughput. It doesn't matter that it is advertised as "600Mbit". A 100Mbit LAN port, also means a 100Mbit WAN port. That means maximum throughput of 90Mbit. If you want faster, then you need a new router.
I know that, i just wanted to know the link speed of my wifi adapter and router not the Internet speed.

kanewolf

Titan
So ok 100 Mbps port is giving me 80mbps speed but what about another laptop that is also sending data directly through laptop’s wifi, even if it is sending data at let say @100mbps why max speed is always stuck at 80Mbps. Won’t it be sum of both stream wired plus wireless.
Windows won't use two simultaneous network connections for file transfers.

Solution