Apr 12, 2022
Hi!
I've a smart TV connected to a rj45 cable.
It's in a room with poor wifi.
I'm looking for a wifi & rj45 extender.
Must be connected to the lan via rj45.
And I need to plug in the TV to another rj45.
This way I'll maintain the TV connected by cable and boost the wifi signal in the room.
Do you know if the Nexx Kronos 301 (or another one) can be connected like this?

RealBeast

Titan
Consider a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters with one next to your router and the second (with wifi capability and an RJ-45 jack) next to your TV. Works great and is relatively cheap. Are you in the US (for specific Amazon or Newegg recommendations)?

Apr 12, 2022
Just make sure that it is an AV2-1000 or higher pair. They use MIMO and give excellent results. HERE is an example of a good set.

Mmm... after reviewing the site, EoP isn't as easy, because there are no available ports in the main modem and the power connection is hidden... DoD orders (aka "wife"), because modem it's in "her" kitchen.
I asked Nexxt support if their Kronos 301 can do it and yes, it works, so I could boost wifi in the TV room and keep the TV connected via cable.

Anyway, thank you for your help and I promise to update you here a couple of months after installing

What you describe is a AP. A repeater can run as a AP but when it runs as a repeater it transmits a duplicate wifi signal that can interfere. I suspect but I have not read the manual, that the unit can be set to AP mode rather than repeater mode.

If you have a old router laying around pretty much any router can be used as a AP. Many more modern ones have a setting but you will find even youtube videos that show how to make any router into a AP, it is very simple.

Apr 12, 2022
I think you're right, this is my full chat with Nexxt support:

Nexxt:
Thanks for contact Nexxt Solutions Tech Support.
How can we assist you today?

me:
I've a smart TV connected with an rj45 cable.
It's located in a room with poor wifi signal.
I'm looking for an wifi & rj45 extender that can be connected to the lan with a rj45.
I need to connect the TV to the other rj45 port and boost the wifi signal in the room.
Can your K-301 be connected like this?

Nexxt:
Good afternoon
Thank you for contacting us, it is a pleasure to assist you
Yes the Kronos 301 can do it but, all our repeaters depend of the wifi signal from the main router, they can´t be located in an area where the signal from the main router not reach with an excellent level

me:
Not sure if I understand: my main router connection will be through the cable, not via wifi.
I'm not 100% sure if "extender" is the right word for it, but I need to "extend" the other rj45 to connect the tv and "extend" the wifi as a repeater for my phone, pc, etc... in the room.
I mean, I only have one ethernet cable, connecting the tv to the main modem because of poor wifi.
So, I wanna use that cable and the Kronos 301 to:
  1. connect one rj45 to the main modem
  2. connect the tv to the second rj45
  3. create a new wifi signal in the room

Nexxt:
if you wish to use a cable connection to the kronos yes you can do it by change the side switch on it to router or AP, router of preference in that way the LAN port will work without problem