[SOLVED] Wifi speed not reaching full capacity

marvin2015

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
I have a 50mbps internet connection. I get full 50Mbps speed on my Google pixel device but in my Windows 10 desktop and laptop I get max 20mbps.

Desktop Wifi adapter: TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300 Mini Wireless
Laptop Wifi adapter: INTEL® DUAL BAND WIRELESS-AC 7265

Both computers are equipped with latest wifi adapters still I don't understand why it cannot reach 50mbps. I'm very frustrated right now, please help.

Screenshot from Google pixel:

asf.jpg

Solution
Do you have the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz WIFI SSIDs unique? If not, make them unique for testing. You want to ensure you are connecting to the 5Ghz WIFI.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Those tiny USB adapters are usually pretty slow and have a short range, I'd suggest getting a PCIe internal adapter, as for your laptop, it sounds like a range issue or background tasks slowing down your perceived speed.

z0ove

Prominent
Sep 8, 2019
Windows 10 used to cap the wifi speed before. So the question is. Does your Windows 10 is up to date?
Anyway for W10 old versions exist a way to fix this issue, but it doesn't work all the time. You can find tutorials on YouTube or google which explain how to do this.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

marvin2015

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hi, thanks everyone for your reply. It seems the skyworth router that I got from ISP is not good enough. It only works on 2.4GHz and it seems the antennas doesn't generate good radio signals. After re-pointing/re-arranging the router antennas I'm getting 40-45mbps in my windows 10 devices.

marvin2015

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
I bought a new TP-link archer A6 AC1200 router, now the speed reaches maximum capacity in all devices.

The crap skyworth router provided by ISP was the main culprit; I disabled its wifi.