Question WiFi "super slow" on Huawei P10

McLovinHawaii

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
For the past six months or so my wifi on my Huawei P10 has been "super slow" even though I receive a connection between 30 - 300'ish Mbit on my device. It doesn't matter which browser I use or if I'm on Facebook, linkedin or whatever. As soon as I go on wifi it's like I'm on a super slow connection.. even though I'm not. If I switch back to 4G it's fast again. I have no idea what can cause this so I'm asking you guys for help

kanewolf

Titan
For the past six months or so my wifi on my Huawei P10 has been "super slow" even though I receive a connection between 30 - 300'ish Mbit on my device. It doesn't matter which browser I use or if I'm on Facebook, linkedin or whatever. As soon as I go on wifi it's like I'm on a super slow connection.. even though I'm not. If I switch back to 4G it's fast again. I have no idea what can cause this so I'm asking you guys for help
Unknown. You need to provide information on your router.
You need to check your router admin page. See what WIFI band the P10 is connecting to.
Install the WIFI Analyzer app on your phone. See what the competing WIFI signals look like to your phone. If there are dozens, then that is a problem. Too much noise.

McLovinHawaii

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
Unknown. You need to provide information on your router.
You need to check your router admin page. See what WIFI band the P10 is connecting to.
Install the WIFI Analyzer app on your phone. See what the competing WIFI signals look like to your phone. If there are dozens, then that is a problem. Too much noise.

My router/modem is a Technicolor model EPC3949AD. According to wifi Analyzer my phone is running on channel 4-8 and I my network is the only unit using these channels. Current connection is 65 Mbit/s

Probably using all the bandwidth sending data back to china. Do you have any apps running in the background that eat data? I know I have a few on my phone that I've disabled from running on mobile data because they just use too much.

kanewolf

Titan
My router/modem is a Technicolor model EPC3949AD. According to wifi Analyzer my phone is running on channel 4-8 and I my network is the only unit using these channels. Current connection is 65 Mbit/s
Channels "4-8" get interference from both channel 1 and channel 6. Channels 1, 6, 11 are the only non-overlapping channels in the 2.4Ghz WIFI spectrum.
I can't find an english language page with the spec of that router. But if your connection is 65Mbit, that is a wireless G type speed. It would have a maximum throughput of about 30mbit.

McLovinHawaii

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
No apps running in the back that shouldn't be running. I have tried a few apps to monitor and terminate unnecessary apps but it doesn't change anything. My connection is 400 Mbit but I haven't reached over 300 Mbit on my phone on wifi. I will try to change the channrl to one of the three mentioned starting with channel 6 to see if that solvens the problem. If not then the Chinese chairman will get a complaint 😌