Question Wifi very inconsistent

Sep 9, 2024
I just recently built a new pc, and whenever I am playing in a video game, the Wifi randomly pauses for like 5-10 seconds. I have all the drivers for the built in Wifi on my motherboard, AND an additional wifi usb stick to help with it, but the wifi still pauses around once a minute in game. I do not think that it is a problem with my actual wifi, because it works fine on all my other devices. Any suggestions?

Sep 9, 2024
Also here are the specs of my pc:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6600
RAM: 16 GB T-force vulcan (2x8)
MOBO: AsRock b450m/ac R2.0
SSD: Crucial P3 1TB

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
I just recently built a new pc, and whenever I am playing in a video game, the Wifi randomly pauses for like 5-10 seconds. I have all the drivers for the built in Wifi on my motherboard, AND an additional wifi usb stick to help with it, but the wifi still pauses around once a minute in game. I do not think that it is a problem with my actual wifi, because it works fine on all my other devices. Any suggestions?
How did you determine that it was the WiFi causing this? Did you monitor performance on task manage while you were experiencing the problem?

Sep 9, 2024
For example, during a rocket league game, the occasional pauses would either signal a complete disconnection or packet loss or some other wifi issue on the side of my screen, as rocket league does.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
For example, during a rocket league game, the occasional pauses would either signal a complete disconnection or packet loss or some other wifi issue on the side of my screen, as rocket league does.
I suggest you monitor performance using task manage to see what is ocurring at the time of failure. Especially look at WiFi to give you more confidence that it is actually the problem.

Sep 9, 2024
Soo, I tried pulling out the wifi usb stick to see how the wifi would be and now it works perfectly, thanks for the effort though!