[SOLVED] Will a i7 2600k work in a dell optiplex 390?

Alfking49

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Hello All,
I'm looking into buying a budget gaming PC in the near future. I've been hearing different things online about upgrading a optiplex 390 with an i7. I wanted to confirm that if I were to pick up an optiplex 390 and an i7 for under 130 bucks that It would actually work. I think a bios update might be required. I also don't know if I would have to upgrade the PSU on that machine for it to run a 1050 ti without failing. If not this particular build, then what would a similar build for the price look like with an i7
Thanks,
Alfking

Alfking49

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Thanks for your help!
Would amazon pay work on this website or a visa card maybe? Just asking in case this offer is still up when I finally buy the i7. Also, will I able to find deals like this year round? I don´t exactly know yet when I will be able to make the purchase. I´m just looking into it now so I can decide what I´ll be getting and exploring my options.

You're welcome. I believe they take credit cards, and their inventory changes all the time, so I'd keep an eye out. I just did a search for i7 and sorted by price. Then I researched the system to see what it's specs and upgradeability was.

Oh yeah, you can find deals like this all the time if you look around. There's even someone on here selling i7-3770 systems for under $50/ea. You just have to keep looking and be able to evaluate a potential system quickly.