Will a VGA to HDMI cable effect my performance of my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyon2310

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
My monitor only has a VGA port and my graphics card doesnt have a VGA Port. I have a Vga to hdmi cable to use.

Will it be ok to use?

Solution
It will work but only if it's an Active HDMI-to-VGA adapter (this converts the digital output of HDMI to an analog signal required for VGA input).

You've probably already got an active one since I don't think passive ones exist for HDMI-to-VGA, there'd be no point since they wouldn't work however they were used.

Image quality on the screen may suffer slightly due to the digital-to-analog conversion as opposed to using straight-through analog from an analog source, but I doubt you'll notice it much if the adapter-cable is good quality.

Your PC's "performance" cannot be affected by the type of monitor connection that you use.
It will work but only if it's an Active HDMI-to-VGA adapter (this converts the digital output of HDMI to an analog signal required for VGA input).

You've probably already got an active one since I don't think passive ones exist for HDMI-to-VGA, there'd be no point since they wouldn't work however they were used.

Image quality on the screen may suffer slightly due to the digital-to-analog conversion as opposed to using straight-through analog from an analog source, but I doubt you'll notice it much if the adapter-cable is good quality.

Your PC's "performance" cannot be affected by the type of monitor connection that you use.

Solution
Aug 14, 2019

what do you mean by active
plz give me product link

MaverickPlayS --- this thread was started two years ago! You should really have started your own thread to ask a question, but I'll make an exception just this once.

An "Active" adapter is one which is able to convert digital video signal from the GPU to an analog signal for old monitors which only have D-SUB VGA input.

Example of an active HDMI-to-VGA adapter:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Ada...ocphy=1006691&hvtargid=pla-423191267741&psc=1

Reactions: MaverickPlayS
Status
Not open for further replies.