[SOLVED] Will DP to VGA Adapter work propperly?

paulius.kvasnickis

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
Hello. I have a little problem. My GPU (GTX 1660 S) has output of only HDMI and DISPLAY PORT, but my monitor is VGA. So I decided to buy and adapter from DP to VGA. So the adapter's DP version is 1.1a, but my GPU's DP version is 1.4 . So is that not a problem ? Sorry for bad English :D

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
product page does not specify but i did find a couple amazon listings for the adapter and they all say it worked for them.

that's the best i can do. been looking for about 30 mins now and that's all i can find on it. but if it did not work i assume i'd see a bunch of negative reviews saying so. i'd give it a shot and see. hopefully it is not too expensive. i see it for less than $10 in the US.

kanewolf

Titan
product page does not specify but i did find a couple amazon listings for the adapter and they all say it worked for them.

that's the best i can do. been looking for about 30 mins now and that's all i can find on it. but if it did not work i assume i'd see a bunch of negative reviews saying so. i'd give it a shot and see. hopefully it is not too expensive. i see it for less than $10 in the US.
The manufacturer specs page does show a "Power consumption: 400 mW active mode, 15 mW in standby mode" -- that would say it is an active device.

Reactions: King_V