[SOLVED] Will I be able to use a Ryzen 5 3600 on a MSI B450M Bazooka MAX Wi-Fi Mobo out of the box?

Jul 15, 2020
I'm looking to build my first ever gaming pc and i'm not sure if I will I be able to use a Ryzen 5 3600 on the MSI B450M Bazooka MAX Wi-Fi without updating the bios? I've heard on some of the B450 mobos you have to upgrade the bios using a 1st or 2nd gen amd processor. Hopefully this isn't the case with this mobo. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Ehh, wrong.

The MSI MAX boards are guaranteed 3000 series cpu ready. The 3600 will be plug and play right out of the box, no prior bios update necessary. You MAY want to update the bios After installing the cpu, there's no guarantee on the bios date or revision other than 3000 series ready.
Jul 15, 2020
Ehh, wrong.

The MSI MAX boards are guaranteed 3000 series cpu ready. The 3600 will be plug and play right out of the box, no prior bios update necessary. You MAY want to update the bios After installing the cpu, there's no guarantee on the bios date or revision other than 3000 series ready.
Ok thank you so much. I wasn't sure because the box said ryzen 3000 series ready but the reply above me said that I would need to update the bios so i got confused. Guess i'll go with this mobo then.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bios files are installed in the bios chip on new boards by the factory after a release. So with prior gen releases and newer bought boards it's iffy. All B450 motherboards manufactured shortly after the release of the 3000 cpus should be 3000 cpu compatible. But there's no saying as to whether you get a newer board from a vendor, one that's been sitting in customs for 6 months, one from a shop that ordered 10 a year ago and this is the last of that batch.

Iffy.

The MAX boards were not released until after 3000 series, so include a 3000 rdy bios, there isn't any choice, that's how msi planned it, markets it, brags about it. There's no confusion. If it's a MAX, it's good for 3000 cpus.