[SOLVED] will I be safe?

May 16, 2020
i recently bought artic silvers articlean and I’m wondering if I will be safe just putting the thermal paste remover on and that’s it, I didn’t use bottle 2 which is thermal surface purifier because I literally built my pc a week ago and there wasn’t much thermal paste on the cpu and heat sink to clean off. Is it really necessary to use thermal surface purifier?

Solution
Sounds like it's just a cleaner of some sort. I don't even use alcohol and don't have any issues running 95w processors in 65w heatsinks, so you should be fine. :)

Ralston18

Titan
Your question is somewhat moot.

Sometimes "nothing at all" has a margin of error with respect to "there wasn't much".

The purifier may or may not be necessary depending on what that "purifier" truly is beyond some marketing gimmick.

The "purifier" could have been simply isopropyl alcohol.

About all you can do now is to keep an eye on the CPU's temperatures. Especially during heavy use for gaming, other graphics, bit-mining etc..

In the meantime, find out more about that "purifier".

Help everyone by posting what you find.

Reactions: seilahh
May 16, 2020
Your question is somewhat moot.

Sometimes "nothing at all" has a margin of error with respect to "there wasn't much".

The purifier may or may not be necessary depending on what that "purifier" truly is beyond some marketing gimmick.

The "purifier" could have been simply isopropyl alcohol.

About all you can do now is to keep an eye on the CPU's temperatures. Especially during heavy use for gaming, other graphics, bit-mining etc..

In the meantime, find out more about that "purifier".

Help everyone by posting what you find.
  • The flash corrosion inhibitors in ArctiClean 2 then significantly reduce the corrosion layer on the copper or aluminum, improving the interface between the metal and the new thermal material and maximizing thermal transfer.

• i found this ^^ haven’t been able to find out the ingredients of the purifier though, it also said that all isopropyl alcohol or “thermal paste remover” leaves a small amount of residue. So with this said I don’t have to take off my cooler to put it on do I?