[SOLVED] Will it run?

M4lchi

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Hi,
I've got a question. I want to buy used GPU from the internet and i found one that's promising. Rx 580 4GB is in my budget, but there are 3 versions I'd like to discuss. 1st is sapphire nitro+ which requires a 8+6 pin connector and got a 8000Mhz memory clock than the others 7000Mhz, + some more OC tweaks. Sapphire pulse which requires 8 pin connector. Asus dual which requires 8 pin connector. They all have the same price, but I'm here with my question if my PSU will run it.
My PC specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 3.9Ghz (will upgrade to ryzen 5 2nd/3rd gen in near future)
Ram: 2x8GB 3200mhz CL 16
Disks: 1x256GB SSD, 1x1TB HDD
PSU: GIGABYTE P450B 450W 80+ bronze
MotherBoard: Asus prime b450m-a
3 monitors

As i mentioned i want to buy the RX 580, but the recommendations are 500W PSU. Also the Nitro+ version got 8+6 pin connector, but my PSU got it like this: View: https://imgur.com/a/UIJDoXb

Would it work?

Also just a question at last. There are others GPUs i want to buy such as: GTX 980, GTX 970
GTX 1060 6Gb(can't find GTX 1060 anywhere and it's either too expensive or sold the 1st minute). So would you recommend any of these cards more than the RX 580? Also the 8GB version of this card is too expensive in my country.

So long story short. My questions are:
  1. which version is the best
  2. will my psu run it
  3. does the card support this type of cable
  4. any other GPU recommendations

Solution
Hi,
I've got a question. I want to buy used GPU from the internet and i found one that's promising. Rx 580 4GB is in my budget, but there are 3 versions I'd like to discuss. 1st is sapphire nitro+ which requires a 8+6 pin connector and got a 8000Mhz memory clock than the others 7000Mhz, + some more OC tweaks. Sapphire pulse which requires 8 pin connector. Asus dual which requires 8 pin connector. They all have the same price, but I'm here with my question if my PSU will run it.
My PC specs are:
3 monitors

As i mentioned i want to buy...
Hi,
My PC specs are:
3 monitors

As i mentioned i want to buy the RX 580, but the recommendations are 500W PSU. Also the Nitro+ version got 8+6 pin connector, but my PSU got it like this:
Would it work?

Also just a question at last. There are others GPUs i want to buy such as: GTX 980, GTX 970
GTX 1060 6Gb(can't find GTX 1060 anywhere and it's either too expensive or sold the 1st minute). So would you recommend any of these cards more than the RX 580? Also the 8GB version of this card is too expensive in my country.

So long story short. My questions are:
  1. which version is the best
  2. will my psu run it
  3. does the card support this type of cable
  4. any other GPU recommendations
Yes it will work. The PSU you have is not what I'd consider high quality but should be able to do the job. To use the 6-pin you simply separate the 2-pin from one of the 6+2-pin connectors and use the remaining 6-pin. The 2-pin will just hang there unused. The Sapphire Nitro cards are popular and probably the best choice but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Solution

M4lchi

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Yes it will work. The PSU you have is not what I'd consider high quality but should be able to do the job. To use the 6-pin you simply separate the 2-pin from one of the 6+2-pin connectors and use the remaining 6-pin. The 2-pin will just hang there unused. The Sapphire Nitro cards are popular and probably the best choice but I don't have any personal experience with them.
Thank you for the reply!