[SOLVED] Will my LGA 1151 TUF B365M support i9 9900K?

wasted854091

Prominent
Oct 18, 2020
I'm running the TUF Gaming B365M Plus Gaming-WiFi LGA 1151 MOBO and I see the i9 9900 listed in compatibility lists but not the "K" version of the same CPU. I want to upgrade from my i5 9400f but I want to get the best possible CPU for my board. So I'm wondering if I can get a "K" version CPU for it? Until I upgrade MOBO later on!

And yes, I know my MOBO doesn't support OC'ing very well or at all. But like I said I'm going to upgrade it down the line.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me! I'm still learning the ropes!

Solution
So I'm wondering if I can get a "K" version CPU for it?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-TUF-B365M-PLUS-GAMING/146845
9900Ks are being paired with this board. You likely just need to update the bios.
The WiFi and non-WiFi board models are the same. One simply doesn't have the wireless network module, is all.

And yes, I know my MOBO doesn't support OC'ing very well or at all. But like I said I'm going to upgrade it down the line.
By the time that's a thing, you'll be looking to move to a completely different socket - I hope - and the above will be irrelevant.

You also can't pair the 9900K with some cheap, 50USD cooler and expect reasonable thermals either.
Big air, like the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So I'm wondering if I can get a "K" version CPU for it?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-TUF-B365M-PLUS-GAMING/146845
9900Ks are being paired with this board. You likely just need to update the bios.
The WiFi and non-WiFi board models are the same. One simply doesn't have the wireless network module, is all.

By the time that's a thing, you'll be looking to move to a completely different socket - I hope - and the above will be irrelevant.

You also can't pair the 9900K with some cheap, 50USD cooler and expect reasonable thermals either.
Big air, like the Noctua NH-D15 or similar, 280mm or larger hybrid cooler.

Reactions: thefxgamingrules
Solution
Oct 20, 2020
I'm running the TUF Gaming B365M Plus Gaming-WiFi LGA 1151 MOBO and I see the i9 9900 listed in compatibility lists but not the "K" version of the same CPU. I want to upgrade from my i5 9400f but I want to get the best possible CPU for my board. So I'm wondering if I can get a "K" version CPU for it? Until I upgrade MOBO later on!

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me! I'm still learning the ropes!
Hello, i have an 1151 socket and i can fit an i7 7700, i really am not sure on how far it can go but probably sincethe i 9900 is way newer than the one i have.. i doubt you can fit it. just write your motherboard model and check it on google!