[SOLVED] Will RTX 2000 series price drop when the new RTX 3000 series stabilize their stock?

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Currently upgraded my rig from an am3 fx 6300 8gb1600mhz gtx 960 2gb system to a r5 2600 16gb 3200mhz, im still using the same card, so now i need an upgrade, im interested buying the most cheap rtx which is the 2060 but they are still in the same price and the 2070 and 2080 too, even when the new cards just came out, my question is if they will they price drop when 3000 series stabilize their stock units everywhere like amazon, newegg etc.

Solution
When it comes to nvidia card their price normally stays the same even when new generation of gpu comes out. Nvidia normally cease the production much earlier before launching new cards so by the time new cards comes out not many of them left on the market. This way both nvidia and retailer able to keep the old part price high. There might be a bit of discount you can find on certain models but don't expect general price reduction will happen.
When it comes to nvidia card their price normally stays the same even when new generation of gpu comes out. Nvidia normally cease the production much earlier before launching new cards so by the time new cards comes out not many of them left on the market. This way both nvidia and retailer able to keep the old part price high. There might be a bit of discount you can find on certain models but don't expect general price reduction will happen.

Solution