Sep 4, 2014
Computer
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M D3H
CPU: i5-11400F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P3 1T M2 & SSD
PSU: MSI MAG A550BN 550W

Issue
I ordered an MSI Mech 2x 8GB RX 6600 for a new build. Once built my computer had an issue where it would restart when I tried to shut it down (it didn't matter if I used the power button or pressed shutdown on Windows), I had the issue before I installed an OS too. I tried it with both Windows 10 & 11. I tested another operating system which was a Linux live distribution and using that I was able to shut down the computer. To shutdown the computer on Windows I was forced to switch it off at the power supply to prevent it from turning back on. Searching online I found out that others had similar issues with the same graphics card, specifically the one made by MSI. Has anyone tested a card made by any other brand such as XFX or Gigabyte with my motherboard, or does anyone have any idea why this would be occuring? I've since returned the graphics card and am looking to purchase a new one. I want to ensure it will be compatiable before doing so.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Radeon...&qid=1672078472&sprefix=rx+6600,aps,94&sr=8-5