[SOLVED] Will the cooler fit in the case ?

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
I am planning on building a new PC for gaming and streaming (no overclocking):

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Kingston Hyperx 2x8GB ddr4 3200mhz
Seasonic Core GM 650 (already own)
AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb (when prices go down, 2060 or 3060)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 / Scythe Fuma 2
1x SanDisk Z400S 256gb (already own)

The biggest problem right now is, will the cooler fit in a Cooler Master Masterbox MB511 / MB510L ?
I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a case.
Any suggestions?

Solution
Pwm means they can be controlled by the motherboard. Molex plug directly into the psu, or can be powered by the psu through a case switched hub, nothing to do with motherboard.

The Titan 2 is actually a really good looking case, sort of an upgraded copy of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv look, but better because of the mesh front. Does come with 4x argb pwm fans and a built in fan/lighting hub, which is great.

What worries me is the price. That's a steal of a good price. But 4x argb fans cost money. Tempered glass costs money. Fan controllers cost money, the steel frame costs money. Add all that up and it looks to cost a lot more than is selling for, so guaranteed corners were cut somewhere. That means cheapest, thinnest possible steel...

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
What will happen to the airflow?
Well the air dragged from the front fans will go through the CPU cooler and the rear exhaust fan will exhaust it out of the case.
Perfect airflow.
I mean, because the Cooler barely fits in the case. I heard some people say it would be better to use a bigger case for that giant cooler.

Oh wow, that case looks good.
Hmmm...
A full mesh front panel with 3 RGB fans on the front, and one on the rear.
I would actually take the MS one, looks like a pretty good deal.
Plus it can support cpu coolers that are up to 170mm tall, so even more space for your cpu cooler!

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
Oh wow, that case looks good.
Hmmm...
A full mesh front panel with 3 RGB fans on the front, and one on the rear.
I would actually take the MS one, looks like a pretty good deal.
Plus it can support cpu coolers that are up to 170mm tall, so even more space for your cpu cooler!
Exactly! But the brand is not popular, and I find a lot of "gatekeepers" saying to go for more reliable brands like Fractal Design, Cooler Master, etc.
Do you think the fans are needed to be of good quality too? If the fans come with a $60 case, it's kinda sketchy.
What do you think?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pwm means they can be controlled by the motherboard. Molex plug directly into the psu, or can be powered by the psu through a case switched hub, nothing to do with motherboard.

The Titan 2 is actually a really good looking case, sort of an upgraded copy of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv look, but better because of the mesh front. Does come with 4x argb pwm fans and a built in fan/lighting hub, which is great.

What worries me is the price. That's a steal of a good price. But 4x argb fans cost money. Tempered glass costs money. Fan controllers cost money, the steel frame costs money. Add all that up and it looks to cost a lot more than is selling for, so guaranteed corners were cut somewhere. That means cheapest, thinnest possible steel, thinner glass, cheapest fans etc. If that case was built to Phanteks or Fractal Design standards of quality, it'd easily sell for double the price.

That's why 'gatekeepers' will often say to stick with certain brands or models, you'll actually get a quality product that won't collapse if you put a coke on top and the glass is nice and thick and hard to break etc.

Grandparents will often tell you sage advice like 'if it looks too good to be true....'

Solution

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
I just found they are PWM fans.

What worries me is the price. That's a steal of a good price. But 4x argb fans cost money. Tempered glass costs money. Fan controllers cost money, the steel frame costs money. Add all that up and it looks to cost a lot more than is selling for, so guaranteed corners were cut somewhere. That means cheapest, thinnest possible steel, thinner glass, cheapest fans etc. If that case was built to Phanteks or Fractal Design standards of quality, it'd easily sell for double the price.

That's why 'gatekeepers' will often say to stick with certain brands or models, you'll actually get a quality product that won't collapse if you put a coke on top and the glass is nice and thick and hard to break etc.

Grandparents will often tell you sage advice like 'if it looks too good to be true....'
Fax! I just found a forum some people saying that 'it is too good to be true'. The fans aren't good, and the MS brand is a no name Croatian brand only sold in Serbia, Bosnia, etc.
I'll try find something of higher quality.