Will the RX 480 8GB be compatible with my CPU?

Glaceon

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
Hi guys I am really sorry if I do not have much knowledge on building PC's and stuff. I chose this graphics card cause it's the best that I can afford haha. I just wanted to ask if this graphics card would be compatible with my build currently? :) Help and comments would be much appreciated. I will be using it for a lot of games like Overwatch and GTA V and a lot more also for 3D animating and renderings.

Here is a link of my specs and also a picture of my PC
http://imgur.com/a/HeTLZ

Solution
Yes. The main things to check for compatibility with a graphics card is the power supply and the case (whether it physically fits). The case seems to have plenty of room, so you just need to check the power supply is good enough and has the power connector(s) the card needs.

Glaceon

Reputable
Jan 8, 2017
I just find the built-in R7 Graphics card at 1GB so insufficent for the things I need to do. For example, animating in Autodesk maya, whenever I have too much 3D objects in the scene, it would automatically crash and I would need to redo everything again since I was not able to save it.

Yes. The main things to check for compatibility with a graphics card is the power supply and the case (whether it physically fits). The case seems to have plenty of room, so you just need to check the power supply is good enough and has the power connector(s) the card needs.

Solution