Will these components be enough to have a good gaming PC?

Dec 16, 2018
So I currently own this PC CyberPower PC and i'd like to be able to run DOOM 2016 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance on ultra settings with a smooth frame rate. I'm a newbie to all things computer components, so bare with me here.

I'm considering getting 8gb of ram, an RX 580 8gb, a AMD Ryzen CPU and a power supply. If I installed these items into my current PC, would they be enough to run these games at the settings I want? Would I need anything else or maybe make an upgrade to one of these items? Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Not happening.... You are stuck with the FX CPU's due to the MB so you can forget about the CPU upgrade being worth anything.

You could try the Graphics card and PSU and see how it runs, don't waste you money on ram, it's DDR3.... If you have to build a new system it will be useless.

If it doesn't do what you want you can move the Graphics card and PSU to a new system.

Dec 16, 2018

Do you think an upgrade to the memory or processor would be worth it? Do you think just the Graphics card and the PSU would actaully do the job?

You have to stick with the FX CPU's and they for the most part suck for gaming, they always did.

Ram would be DDR3 if you got it, and a waste if the system won't do what you need it to.

finitekosmos

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
To be honest Jacoleo, you really should be considering a platform upgrade. Your machine is simply not going to be able to run modern titles effectively presently and I feel that spending money on RAM for this machine is going to be a waste since you wont be able to use that RAM on a new system that would be capable.

Do you have a budget for this and if you do let us know, we may be able to help identify components that will truly upgrade your system and give you a better experience. Right now though, simply upgrading your RAM or CPU really won't get you any benefit that would be worth the expense.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
I wouldn’t buy any DDR3 ram. You can get the 580. That will be a good upgrade regardless if you upgrade your CPU.

A Ryzen 2600 with a B350/450 motherboard will cost you about $230. This go great with your new 580 if you’re not satisfied with how the 580 works with your FX6300.

You will also need entirely new ram for this upgrade. 16gb of 3000mhz ram can be had for around $115 right now. So you’d be looking at spending around $350 total for a good cpu and ram upgrade.

The case should be fine. Most likely the PSU will be fine. But you should post the specs of your current PSU just in case.

Dec 16, 2018

Thanks for the reply. So If I were to buy an RX 580gb, a Ryzen 2600 with an B450 motherboard, and 16b of 3000mhz ram, would that be enough for me to run these games at the settings I want?

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Yes, at 1080p that will be a great computer. The only other upgrade I would add would be an SSD for windows. You can get a decent 500gb SSD for about $60 now. Single best upgrade I’ve ever done to my PC. But that’s just optional. It just makes Booting and everything in windows extremely quick and smooth. Also improves loading times for most games.