[SOLVED] Will this B560 motherboard cause performance throttle?

heatmikepark2

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
Hi all,

I am currently building a budget gaming PC. The components I already have are gtx 750 ti, Samsung EVO 256 GB SSD & Corsair Vengeance RGB RS ddr4 3200mhz Ram.

I have decided to buy an i3 10100f/10105f (according to availability) and a B560 motherboard to pair with it as b560 mobo supports ram OC on 10th gen.

The issue is while going through forums I came across posts discouraging to buy VRM heatsink less B560 motherboard as it throttles performance. Most of these posts were for 10th gen i5 and above CPUs.
I wanted to clear out whether there would be performance throttle on an 10th gen i3 as well. I am planning to upgrade to a RTX 2060 once the GPU prices are back to normal in future. The motherboard I am looking to buy is MSI B560 PRO E (link below). This is the cheapest b560 motherboard I could find as the whole motive of the build is to make a budget PC. Thanks in advance.

Solution
General rule, that I follow, is if the VRM's lack any heatsink, avoid like the plague. There are still lousy boards with said heatsinks, but you eliminate a lot of junk. Also, the ram OC, for 10th gen, I believe is for i5 and up, just as an FYI. Not all B560 boards allow for it at all, with a 10th gen chip. This one does, though.

logainofhades

Titan
General rule, that I follow, is if the VRM's lack any heatsink, avoid like the plague. There are still lousy boards with said heatsinks, but you eliminate a lot of junk. Also, the ram OC, for 10th gen, I believe is for i5 and up, just as an FYI. Not all B560 boards allow for it at all, with a 10th gen chip. This one does, though.

Solution

heatmikepark2

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

Thanks for your reply! I think i3 10th gen does allow ram OC, Here is the link to prove the same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riEf9YtP8y0&t=165s