[SOLVED] Will this cause more dead pixel?

Solution
Its entirely possible for the damage to get worse over time, but most dont keep using damaged hardware so there isnt much out there about it.
Fixable? Most likely no, it would end up costing more than a new monitor.

How much are they asking for it? If it was anything more than "essentially free" hard pass.
Its entirely possible for the damage to get worse over time, but most dont keep using damaged hardware so there isnt much out there about it.

How much are they asking for it? If it was anything more than "essentially free" hard pass.

Solution

shaksadirimon

Reputable
May 17, 2019

He is asking 50$ for this. He told me that he is using the monitor like this for 2 months and no new dead pixel showed up. I badly need a 2nd monitor and this little broken part really doesn't bother me and I can just resize the monitor with nvidia control panel but if the deadpixels spread in the future that's gonna be a problem tho.

Personally, I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for a broken monitor.
If you desperately need a second monitor you could look at it as a 50 dollar investment "renting" one until you can get a working monitor.

I would rather save the money, and spend about 100-150 bucks on a more modestly specced, new, second monitor. Whether that be a 24" or 27", etc.
Whats your use case for the second monitor? If a broken screen dosent bother you, then you wouldnt need a 144Hz monitor.