Will this PC build be good enough?

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm planning on building a PC with the following specs:

Power Supply - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W
Graphics Card - GTX 670 FTW 2GB
CPU Cooler - CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60)
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI LGA 1155 Intel H77
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Hard Drive 1 - SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hard Drive 2 - 2.5 inch 5400 RPM 500 GB Seagate drive

If I build something like this what sort of fps can I expect when gaming on max settings? (I will be playing games like crysis 3 and Bf4 on a 1920x 1080 screen)

Feel free to make any tweaks to the build if necessary!

Solution
The biggest risk involved in flashing any BIOS is that if anything goes wrong during the process (power outage, failure to follow instructions or other), there is a high probability of the hardware becoming useless, what we call a "brick".
Note: I'm not trying to scare you here and a lot of BIOS's are flashed every day without issue but... the risk is there and it is real.

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

will that have a huge impact on my gaming? Or could I live without overclocking?

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
If you want to oc your cpu ever in the future, then get a z77 mobo as C12 said. Or else get a 3570 (non-k) version, if you don't plan on oc'ing it. Rest all is fine. Why dont you tell me your budget and where you live so I will get an Idea that which will be best for you.

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

My question is, can I still play games like Bf4 and crysis 3 on max setting without oc'ing the cpu? If the answer is yes I would like to keep my current mobo. (BTW I live in NYC)

That is specific to a few graphics cards only, you may be able to do that and it likely would work for your graphics card. There are risks involved in flashing any BIOS, I will suggest you look into that and weigh the benefits vs. the risk.

I'd expect playable frame rates at ultra setting (min 30fps). There are a few vids posted on YouTube for reference

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

Okay so I'm a little confused... With this motherboard I can't overclock my cpu or my gpu? (I thought this only applied to the cpu) And what are the risks involved when flashing the BIOS...

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

You can ultra bf4 and crysis 3 but you are most likely to get around 30 fps. So I suggest to play on very-high.

The biggest risk involved in flashing any BIOS is that if anything goes wrong during the process (power outage, failure to follow instructions or other), there is a high probability of the hardware becoming useless, what we call a "brick".
Note: I'm not trying to scare you here and a lot of BIOS's are flashed every day without issue but... the risk is there and it is real.

Solution