Question Will this product solve my wifi problems?

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Hey guys, so i have been recently having WiFi problems as my internet is on the other side of the house to where my PC is located in my room. My house isn't massive and i get a decent connection from my room when no one else is using the WiFi, but as soon as someone watches Netflix or you tube it tanks my internet and makes online gaming unplayable sometimes going from a 30ms latency to over 100 every few seconds. Even when no one is using the internet the ping fluctuates and doesn't stay steady? We are meant to have decent internet and have fibre optic and are supposedly meant to have 30gb download speed, but internet tests show i get less than 10 in my room on my PC. I was wondering if the product i have linked, connected to my PC via Ethernet would solve my problems and make my internet more stable in my room? I have linked the product below, any questions i would be happy to answer as i am not sure that i have included all that i needed to in this post.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LXOZ4EN/?coliid=I2TOGIUF67HBJF&colid=6J5USOQHOENF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Lutfij

Titan
Before you throw money at a problem, I think it's best if we could try and work with what you currently have with you.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, mention the make and model of your wireless router. Make sure that you're on the latest firmware for your router. You might want to check and see if you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and the latest drivers for your wireless adapter. If possible see if uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter's drivers changes anything.

Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you working with?

connorh01

Reputable
Aug 20, 2017
Before you throw money at a problem, I think it's best if we could try and work with what you currently have with you.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, mention the make and model of your wireless router. Make sure that you're on the latest firmware for your router. You might want to check and see if you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and the latest drivers for your wireless adapter. If possible see if uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter's drivers changes anything.

Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you working with?

So my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M socket AM4
Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance
SSD/HDD: Im not sure what HDD i have as it came with the original pre built PC i bought (the only thing left of the prebuilt
GPU: GTX 1660 super
GPU:
PSU: Corsair CP-9020133-UK TX550M 550 W 80+ Gold Power Supply Unit, Black

I dont know what the make and model is, but it is a standard sky router that came with the internet we bought, it looks like this however :https://www.google.com/search?q=sky...ECA0QBA&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=4czo0xnX2gzLxM

I had to update my bios to almost the newest version of my motherboard to be able to have my new CPU compatible with it, but i had a problem going to the very newest update for some reason as the BIOS couldn't find the update on my flash drive. But i think im on P3.50 as that is what i needed to update to to get the cpu compatible.
also with the wireless adapter, im not sure if im on the latest update, but i did use driver easy to see if it was out of date and updated to the newest one based on what driver easy gave me, however the reason i looked for the network adapter was because every now and then the internet on my pc cuts out for a few seconds and then connects back and i thought this would fix it but it didnt :(