[SOLVED] Will this rig be able to run high quality graphics VR?

Yecob

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
Hi guys, first up I'm sorry for what I assume is a very commonly asked question. I wouldn't worry but the problem with my rig is that it's being bottlenecked somewhat by the CPU and the motherboard (two oldest parts that I plan to update soon). Here are my specs and SteamVR Performance Test results:

Motherboard: ASRock t990FX Extreme9
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core Processor
Graphics Card: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual Gaming OC 8GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Even though I got good results I'm just worried this test may not be reliable or maybe isn't pushing it as far as some other games with higher quality graphics or more going on would be. And with how much a Vive kit costs here in Australia I really wanna make sure I'm going to be able to get the most out of my experience with what I've got. I really appreciate any help/opinions anybody can give! Thank you muchly.

Yecob

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
Not compatible with your mobo and not strong enough. A Ryzen 2600 would be a good target. BUT, I would try it with what you have before spending money.

Thanks for replying! I appreciate the advice, I guess I'll get the VR kit tomorrow and if it doesn't work out I'll just have to save some more and upgrade my PC. :)

Yecob

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
Great! I'm excited to get my PC all upgraded and dive into VR properly. :D $583 AUD for the parts so not too bad of a price either! Thanks for your help Dark Lord and J_E_D_70, much appreciated, you're the best!