Will Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card compatible wi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rohitsuresh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Hi everyone my system configuration is

Intel pentium dual core 1.8GHz
pi945GCM mercury motherboard
400W power supply
2GB Ram
256 B hard disk
intel integrated graphics card 128Mb
Max screen resolution 1400*900

PSU Model: LWT 2505 400W A 2.03

AC INPUT
115V 6A 50/60Hz
240V 3A 50/60Hz

DC OUTPUT
+3.3V
+5V
+12V
+12V
-5V
-12V
+5V/SB

16A
30A
14A
0.5A
0.5A
-
2.0A
400W MAX

Currently i am looking to buy Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card.IS it compatible with my currently psu.Please Suggest a graphic card that is compatible with my current psu.

You can suggest one by refering the website www.flipkart.com

rohitsuresh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Now when i try to start my system when graphic card is in pci slot then there is a fan noise occuring and system is restarting.The cpu power button is not glowing.Is this due to lack od proper psu? or compatibility issues with PCI-E 1.Xs?

rohitsuresh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Guys please help me to find out why my system not booting wheather the compatibilty issue or the psu is not supporting it.If psu is not supporting then i can buy a psu.But if compatibilty issue is there then buying psu is a waste as i already spent 4000INR on graphic card.

rdc85

Honorable

+1 Sometimes people forget some most basic thing,
If u can change the Display to PCI in bios means u can boot an got to Bios just fine.... after u change and resave the bios do u change the vga cable to the new gpu (not the mobo?)

Can u tell more clearly what do u means sytem not reboot/restart automatically?
Do u have black monitor or system just restarting/turn off after some times??
Can u be more specific? Not being smart ass but more info will turn to more better solution....

Edit: Do u means u not get into OS? I'm have a hard time to understand the situation. Have u tried deafult vga mode (windows) to enter os and install the new driver??

we can only provide suggestions from where we are.
You have to troubleshoot it on your own, we can only assist you by helping you interpret the results.
You have physical access to your computer, we dont. we cant help even if we want to
+1
Troubleshooting is what you have to do, not us.
We can only provide you with suggestions as to root out the cause of the problem.

rdc85

Honorable
so: using onboard grafic its okay, but when u connect the gpu the system restart it self after couple second.

I would try this, Unplug the gpu, clear bios, check the 12v auxilary power 4pin is connected securely in the mobo, plug on mobo speaker, and then using onboard make sure the system is fine, check the voltage, temp, etc. Turn off, plug the gpu but keep using onboard video, is it boot or not? it gets to os or not? in the os is it detected new device? if it restarting, after it restart, is it continued to restart or keep turn on but no picture (there a beep from mobo speker), or it just turn off? (if it restarting but keep on just no display u can try to switch the vga cable to gpu without turning off the comp.)

im affraid it could means 2 thing,

1. U got a bad gpu card : Can u try it on another / your friend system, but i doubt usualy gpu fails, it not restarting.

2. U'r psu cannot provide enough power because of aging or else : Could u borrow another psu?

+1 to greghome about trouble shooting, Toms had links about step by step troubleshooting u can follow. (I'm forget the link)

rohitsuresh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I have brought a 450W psu.Still the system is restarting.Firstly when i switch on the cpu button only red light glows after few seconds the system restarts from this time onwards both green and red light glows.

rdc85

Honorable

+1

If it mobo problem, are u confident in flashing bios (check if there new bios). and hope the new bios fix the problem, but warning failed flash make your mobo defective.....

-can u refund/resell the gpu and psu since it not work with your mobo, or patiently save money to change the mobo.

Well, since you haven't even used the card, you can sell it for the price you bought it. You can sell it on ebay, if you'd like, or craigslist. Or you can just sell it to a friend, if he needs it.

Not sure if incompatibility can lead to the PC restarting, but the issue is not compatibility, but the PCIe slot of the motherboard itself.