win 7 ult 64 bit iso to usb issues will not boot

tee342k

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
I am having trouble burning a tdk dvd r on my hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4480b ata device to accomadate my win7 64 bit iso file at 3.1 gigs i can burn a cd r on it just fine

i turned to a hp usb drive 4gb and did the cmd format off youtube with ntfs 4 times, then iso to usb 1.0 rufus and microsofts usb transfar tool which came back after 30 mins that bootsect was not done. then just unpacking with win rar and manually extradt to the usb drive.

went into bios and it recognizes hp thumb drive changed boot order to that or removable device and it hangs at "press any key to boot from device" keyboard wont respond

i have since gone back to looking for a driver for my dvd drive. thanks.

mobo is P5QL PRO asus - Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600
nift 430 w psu - ATI Radeon™ X1650 -win 7 ultimate 32 bit - wd hdd 80 gig

Though windows utility to make windows installer usb works just fine but sometimes it has given me a tough time. I'm now using PowerISO program to make this installer bootable usb. Also pl ensure that while making this bootable usb always check for UDF check using Image properties. DVD drive does not necessarily needs driver.

You can burn the DVD using any software like Nero or using Windows builtin burning utility.

tee342k

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
jake, ill try that since i have tried all the rest
thanks
can this program format or do i need to format the usb drive in cmd box?

easy, hi, i tried imageburn but it would not recognize the tdk dvd r
what does check for UDF check using Image properties mean?

i manually dragged every piece off the iso over to the usb but nothing.

Pl follow these steps if using PowerISO software:

Run the program.

Click at File == > Open [Browse and select the iso file]
Click at File ==> Image Properties [Ensure that UDF option is checked]
Click at Tools ==> Create bootable USB Drive [It will format the drive as well]

That's it you are done. It'll notify you when it finishes.

tee342k

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hi easy, jake!! i ran winbootic and wowsa...it finally loads, but of course murphys law was the FBI moneypac virus showed after i ran ie or windows update or sec essentials, might have been in the iso file, i ran malware bytes and its gone but compter my have slowed. Thanks

still not right on my dvd writer but ill deal with it