[SOLVED] Windoes 10 Device Manager shows that i have two mouse

seriousgigi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2015
hi, when i look device manager there are two different mouse drivers are shown in the list. windows 10 automatically reinstall if i uninstall the one which shouldnt be exist on the list. so what's this?

oh2PyCv.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Most new Mice actually show under Human Interface Devices instead of Mice area,. The mouse are is more for legacy devices which expect that area to exist
Mine shows in HID.

I expect Microsoft want to stop using device manager eventually and have it all in the settings menu.
2gw3rRH.jpg

I have 4 "mice" in there but only 1 mouse, some keyboards also have mouse controls as it can be in a macro command. That would be my reasoning for duplicates.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most new Mice actually show under Human Interface Devices instead of Mice area,. The mouse are is more for legacy devices which expect that area to exist
Mine shows in HID.

I expect Microsoft want to stop using device manager eventually and have it all in the settings menu.
2gw3rRH.jpg

I have 4 "mice" in there but only 1 mouse, some keyboards also have mouse controls as it can be in a macro command. That would be my reasoning for duplicates.

Reactions: seriousgigi
Solution