[SOLVED] Windows 10 5ghz Wifi Issues

tinkinc

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
My windows 10 sometimes looses network connections, signal strength is not full but the speeds are above 200mbps. I have to restart my pc when this happens which is quite annoying. I changed my wifi adapter from a tplink 1200 to the new TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 as it gives a better signal but still having issues with 5ghz. Is this a windows 10 issue or mother board bios issue?

Thanks

Solution
My windows 10 sometimes looses network connections, signal strength is not full but the speeds are above 200mbps. I have to restart my pc when this happens which is quite annoying. I changed my wifi adapter from a tplink 1200 to the new TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 as it gives a better signal but still having issues with 5ghz. Is this a windows 10 issue or mother board bios issue?

Thanks
Does it only happens with the 5GHz band?
Does it happens even with a strong signal?
Which drivers are you using, Windows drivers or manufacturer drivers?

Try these steps 1 & 2:
Click the Windows key then click the Settings icon.
Select Network & Internet
Click WiFi on the left pane.
Click the Manage known networks link
Select your WiFi network...

Thanks
Does it only happens with the 5GHz band?
Does it happens even with a strong signal?
Which drivers are you using, Windows drivers or manufacturer drivers?

Try these steps 1 & 2:
Click WiFi on the left pane.
Click the Manage known networks link
Select your WiFi network from the list.
Click the Forget button.

Scroll down and click the Network Reset link.
Click the Reset now button.

Make sure to know your Wifi password, since it will be required after the system reboots.

Solution