lightbulb_789

Reputable
May 19, 2016
Windows 10
Motherboard: asus prime z390-a
Wifi/BT card
When I start up my pc, no bluetooth devices are working. Upon checking in Device manager, I see that Intel Wireless Bluetooth device has an error (Code 43). I've tried updating the driver with Driver Hub, which didn't work. There are no windows updates available. The only two ways I have gotten rid of this problem is by running the BT troubleshooter which reinstalls the drivers, or by manually reinstalling them by uninstalling the device and then restarting my computer. Neither of these solutions last when I turn off my computer and turn it back on again.

Nonetheless, after reinstalling the drivers which fixes this problem temporarily. At this point, my bluetooth keyboard can connect and works normally. However, no BT speakers or headphones can connect properly. Now Control panel devices and printers shows that BT Handsfree and BT L2CAP Interface both have error code 10. I have tried running Bluetooth, Windows update, and hardware troubleshooters at this point and none solve this issue.
When I restart, I'm back to square one and no bluetooth devices work again. I appreciate any help you have for me!

did you connect the USB cable of this card to a motherboard´s internal USB header?
https://www.amazon.com/OKN-2974Mbps-Bluetooth-802-11AX-Wireless/dp/B07X462KRK?ref_=ast_sto_dp

check if the M.2 Intel card sits properly on the PCIe controller card of OKN. In which slot is the controller card plugged into on the motherboard?

try using the M.2 card directly in a M.2 slot of your motherboard

update the motherboard´s BIOS
update the chipset driver and Intel Management Engine (IME)

RMA the OKN controller card

lightbulb_789

Reputable
May 19, 2016
did you connect the USB cable of this card to a motherboard´s internal USB header?
https://www.amazon.com/OKN-2974Mbps-Bluetooth-802-11AX-Wireless/dp/B07X462KRK?ref_=ast_sto_dp

check if the M.2 Intel card sits properly on the PCIe controller card of OKN. In which slot is the controller card plugged into on the motherboard?

The USB cable is connected and the card is plugged into one of the pcie x1 slots (I believe they're all identical and it needs to be in the one nearest to the USB header).

Everything seems to be seated correctly, although I'm not sure what you mean by putting it "directly in a M.2 slot". My motherboard only has pcie slots correct? I'm not sure exactly what the difference between m.2 and pcie x1 is

I will try updating bios and chipset now

lightbulb_789

Reputable
May 19, 2016

Follow up:
I noticed that even when the wifi/BT card is removed, these two "DAEMON" devices have error code 19. Since they are USB I'm worried they could be related to the internal USB for bluetooth not working. Could this be related to by BT issues? I've never updated my bios before and it seems complicated. Before I do I want to rule everything else out

lightbulb_789

Reputable
May 19, 2016
After uninstalling daemon tools and restarting, all the error codes in device manager and devices and printers are gone which is good. Now my keyboard always works, even after restarting. However, the speaker and headphones (which do work and have BT 5.0) will only show as "paired" but are unable to connect no matter which method I try (in settings and in action bar)