Windows 10 causing static/crackling sound

Vadava

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
New computer built, using Windows 10. I'm getting static on every audio device/browser/software. I am also 95% sure I updated all drivers. But Microsoft denies me a right to have service due to custom build, and Kingston just blames Windows, as does Gigabyte.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)

Windows 10 build 1151

Headset:
Hyper X Cloud 2 with the latest Firmware update.
And a shitty Logitech that has the same problem.

Tried the audio jack on the mobo, case's front USB headers as well. Everything is static.

Solution
Check that all graphics cards, sound cards, and associated connectors are all snug and secure.

Is the headset static free on other devices?

However if a low end Logitech has static as well the the Hyper X then the mobo or audio card is suspect. Pull the audio card and just use the mobo connections.

I cannot envision software causing static. Bad connections, interference, and defective hardware cause static.

Change one thing at a time and isolate the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Check that all graphics cards, sound cards, and associated connectors are all snug and secure.

Is the headset static free on other devices?

However if a low end Logitech has static as well the the Hyper X then the mobo or audio card is suspect. Pull the audio card and just use the mobo connections.

I cannot envision software causing static. Bad connections, interference, and defective hardware cause static.

Change one thing at a time and isolate the problem.

Solution