Question Windows 10 crashes when laptop is connected to charger

Jul 8, 2019
So I'm having this VERY weird issue where my Windows 10 crashes when I connect my laptop to my room's sockets. I had reset my laptop, reinstalled windows but the problem still persisted. The laptop runs fine without the charger so I ruled out a hardware issue(to be very specific, I played 2 games of PUBG and they worked proper). I then plugged my charger in my living room socket and played 2 more games, no crash at all. Then after an hour, crashed.

I've doe everything I could do to fix the issue but to no avail, I'm completely lost and need help

The problem is most likely a hardware problem. Actually you can remove the battery, but it requires the removal of the back plate, so it likely more trouble than it's worth. Acer recommends a battery reset, https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • Unplug the AC power adapter.
  • Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
  • If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.
    Note: Not all models have a battery pinhole reset.

Jul 8, 2019
I have the same issue with an old Dell laptop and I'm thinking it is the battery, so I have ordered an OEM battery, but I had to order it from Hong Kong so I'm still waiting..
It's probably the charger, atleast thats what I feel. Battery works perfect + my laptop is brand new so it shouldn't be a hardware issue.