[SOLVED] Windows 10 fails to reinstall after full reset

Sep 16, 2019
Hi, I recently tried to reset my pc due to performance issues and the reset itself went ok but when it started to reinstall my computer must have crashed and now anytime it gets to the ‘preparing’ screen it tells me that windows can’t reinstall.

Advisors from windows are telling me to use the reinstallation tool on a usb which I would, if I had my windows licence (I bought the pc premade).

What makes this a little more confusing is that it’s happened before and I just took it to a repair shop, I was told by the company that made my pc that windows was burned/ put onto the motherboard (I don’t know the term I can’t remember what they said) to which the man in the shop said he could then sort out the reinstallation just fine without a license.

How can I reinstall windows just like that as the repair shop did without having to buy a new windows licence?. Thanks in advance

Solution
If the system came with the OS activated from the people who built it(sans any form of piracy) then you only need to create the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure it's the first device to boot in BIOS and let the installer do it's thing.

When time comes to input the licence key, the key will be retrieved from the BIOS/motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
If the system came with the OS activated from the people who built it(sans any form of piracy) then you only need to create the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure it's the first device to boot in BIOS and let the installer do it's thing.

When time comes to input the licence key, the key will be retrieved from the BIOS/motherboard.

Solution
Sep 16, 2019

I see, I’ll give it a go thank you