Windows 10 keeps on crashing and refuses to work correctly on my ssd and refuses to download on my hd

Nick_313

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
So i built a computer about 5 months ago. Everything was running fine up until about a couple weeks ago there were a bunch of errors popping up and things weren't working right. I decided to just start fresh and delete everything and reinstall windows 10. After i install it, first thing i do i download the drivers but then my pc gets the blue screen and restarts itself. Here are my problems so far that i have no clue how to fix them
1. When i download windows 10 on my ssd (m.2) drive, my pc restarts itself and doesnt stop restarting itself
2. Windows 10 downloads and after I log in and try to download anything to the drive, it crashes.
3. I try to download windows 10 on my hard drive and after the windows setup is done, my pc restarts and goes back to the beginning of the windows setup.

PLEASE HELP

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

How did you install win10 the first time ? upgrade from win7 or 8 ? or the same way you try to install it now ?
You can always try to install win10 with a CD or USB-stick, there are ISO files available.
As long as you have a valid key there is no harm doing that !

You could also check if you removed all partitions from the drive (when installing), sometimes the boot partition (EFI-system) has the wrong information.

Just let us know.
Cheers, Louise.

Nick_313

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

I installed windows 10 the first time by watching a video on how to make a m.2 drive boot windows. Video told me to disable CSM and change the os type to other os. Video told to to then after windows is installed, to change back the os type to windows UEFI mode. Did that and my computer was up and running. I installed windows on a USB stick with windows 10 iso file on it. At first i thought it was my motherboard so i shipped it to ASUS who told me there is nothing wrong with it.

Heres my Setup:
i7 6700k 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Maximus VIII Formula
16 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4
Corsair RM1000i Power Supply
H115 liquid cooler
2 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro series 256 GB M.2 SSD

TRENDING THREADS