Windows 10 PC, powering off and keeps restarting randomly.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018
My Windows 10 PC keeps randomly restarting, and powering off.

Title says it all.

any help is appreciated thanks

Here are my specs.
edhi3t.png

EpBc8T.png

VQ85fG.png

Dkxw0V.png

I have a LMS Data x750 PSU.: http://www.lmsdata.com/pages/products/Power%20Supply/X750.html

Solution
You can try to use compressed air to clean all the fans off. In the US, you can usually get that fairly cheap. Use it to try to clean as much dust as possible out of the case.

However, if your power supply is getting weak, you would need to remove the graphics card and use the built in graphics on the motherboard until you can replace the power supply.

Unfortunately power supplies are one of those things if they go out, they can potentially kill the rest of the computer on their way out.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018

Hello, thanks for the reply. My PC is filled with dusts, on the fans and even near the CPU. Could this also be the problem? I have had my PC just over a year now. Also, my PC is really loud and makes a hell lot of noise.

Would it be worth cleaning out or taking to the shop?
Finally, what's the CHEAPEST and best power supply unit I can get?

Give your PC a thorough clean inside with an air-duster. I do mine every 6 months as it's running every day. You shouldn't let it become clogged with an accumulation of dust, that's bad for the fans and can give rise to excess heat build-up which will affect stability of the system, a major cause of unexpected restarts & sudden shutdowns.

I can't advise on specific PSU purchase since that's not my area of expertise, I only know which brands are high-quality (as I mentioned previously) and which brands are cheap rubbish.

Most of the internal noise you speak of will probably be from that cheap PSU.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

A better question would be what your budget is. Cheapest best is a little like asking what the hottest cold day is or who the shortest tall person is.

The least expensive power supplies that you would ever want to put into a PC are typically the new Corsair CX series (not the older one with green letters), but I'm not sure if that falls under whatever cheapest best means.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018

Thanks for all the help, I will try cleaning it out. If that doesn't help, I will replace PSU.
currently, there is a loud noise coming from PC, it's like a operating washing machine. but my question is, can dust build up cause the pc to power off

Absolutely.

All the dust build up can make the fans slow down due to the extra weight, or can help them fail. Dust can also clog up heatsinks which means air may not get to the vital parts of your system. Which can stop the CPU from being cooped properly or the graphics card for example.

Or dust may clog up around your power supply and cause it to get hotter than normal and possibly fail. If a cheap power supply fails, they sometimes take other parts out with them. This from a guy who's a computer tech and has fried motherboards by using cheap power supplies in the past before I realized that.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018

Thanks for the reply, however I don't have enough money to replace the power supply, what's my best option to do right now?

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018

I can't really afford to get a new Power supply, however what do I do now?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Well, not much. If the problem is in fact the power supply, there's nothing you can do outside of running it without the GPU, using the integrated graphics on the CPU, so that you're putting as little stress on the PSU as possible.

tannerdot11

Reputable
Mar 7, 2018

So I can't really use my computer anymore?

You can try to use compressed air to clean all the fans off. In the US, you can usually get that fairly cheap. Use it to try to clean as much dust as possible out of the case.

However, if your power supply is getting weak, you would need to remove the graphics card and use the built in graphics on the motherboard until you can replace the power supply.

Unfortunately power supplies are one of those things if they go out, they can potentially kill the rest of the computer on their way out.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You can risk it without the GPU if you're willing. But I absolutely would *not* run a discrete GPU in a PSU that is both extremely low-quality and possibly actively failing. I also would not leave the house with the PC on.

No doubt about leaving with that computer on. I've seen a situation where someone nearly had a for due to an adapter on a power supply. The hard drive connector actually melted and there were scorch marks that were black on the inside of the case. Low quality power supplies aren't something to mess with.

Apr 8, 2018

Thanks for the reply.
I don't really think I can do anything much about
my PC anymore, like when I boot it up it turns off
by itself. Is there anyway to fix this without spending that much money