[SOLVED] Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Often

Sep 3, 2019
Hello, I got a new gaming PC about 2 months ago, and it's running super cool and quiet. The problem is that, recently, whenever I play games or just use Google Chrome, the PC will randomly freeze and I would have to restart the computer. I think the hardware seems to be fine. The drivers are all up to date, and this started happening a lot more frequently, about 2-5 times a day ever since I downloaded PBE (for those who don't know, it's a test server for League of Legends), the crashes started. During the games, whenever I finish, win or lose, the PC will freeze and will force me to restart it. I uninstalled PBE and been just using Google Chrome for the past 2 days, and I still get the freezes randomly. Today, it happened about 2-3 times and it's really annoying because I would be restarting my PC constantly and soon, when my schedule isn't as busy, I will be playing some Siege, and I don't want this bs to happen during ranked game. I tried running sfc /scannow (cmd prompt administrator mode) and it reported back to me saying that it didn't find any integrity violations. Any solutions? Or is Windows 10 just crappy? My Windows 10 is up to date, as I update as soon as there is a new update for Windows.
Specs:
Ryzen 7 3800x
ASUS Prime X470-Pro
RTX 2060 Super
16GB G.Skill RGB ram, 3200Mhz
1 TB Intel 660p
Corsair H115i AIO cooler

My temps during gaming:
CPU around 60~66 Celcius
GPU around 70~75 Celcius
Idle:
CPU around 40~50 Celcius
GPU around 30~40 Celcius

Solution
Well if you have a restore point from before the pbe, it may help. You can also go file explorer c: or what ever drive you had pbe installed on and do a search for any remaining files from pbe.And uninstall any you find left over. Be sure to check in user file also.
Sep 3, 2019
Uhh no but I can do that, is it to reinstall the last save?
Deleted the "Riot Games" folder, which contained the PBE folder and the live server folder. Even before that, I didn't get any crashes so far. Played Assetto Corsa for about 45 mins without a problem, been on my PC for around 4 hours and it's been doing fine. I just deleted the Riot Games folder (as of 7:17pm). I will report if there is another crash.

Deleted the "Riot Games" folder, which contained the PBE folder and the live server folder. Even before that, I didn't get any crashes so far. Played Assetto Corsa for about 45 mins without a problem, been on my PC for around 4 hours and it's been doing fine. I just deleted the Riot Games folder (as of 7:17pm). I will report if there is another crash.
Did you do a restore point? Fingers crossed for no crashes:nan:.

Sep 3, 2019
Did you do a restore point? Fingers crossed for no crashes:nan:.
Uhh nope, but I know Windows 10 does it automatically whenever it updates? So theoretically I should have one before PBE. Little update: no crashes yesterday all day, today so far so good. New graphics card update as well that just rolled out yesterday. I think it's doing ok at least for now, I will update if problems occur again.

Uhh nope, but I know Windows 10 does it automatically whenever it updates? So theoretically I should have one before PBE. Little update: no crashes yesterday all day, today so far so good. New graphics card update as well that just rolled out yesterday. I think it's doing ok at least for now, I will update if problems occur again.
Very good I was just wondering what step you took before deleting files.

TRENDING THREADS