[SOLVED] Windows 10 Randomly Freezing during Idle

codemilly

Commendable
Jun 28, 2021
So I built a new PC last November 1 and been using it every day. I have this issue where Windows 10 is randomly freezing when idle. I think it happened twice now and I only have Discord, Spotify, and Edge opened with a few tabs and windows open.
The behavior is that the windows can't be minimized or closed, I can't right-click, can't go to ctrl+alt+del to try and restart, the taskbar is weird when trying to click, and I can't shutdown nor restart.

I have the necessary drivers installed as well. The last resort is to hard boot (holding the power button for 8s for the PC to turn off) and turn it on again. I regularly run my Antivirus scans (Malwarebytes) and not finding any issues.
I'm not quite sure what to check in the Event Viewer as well so I can't pinpoint what may have caused the issue

Here are my current specs:

Code:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Cooler: Wraith Prism
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1070 OC 8GB
RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16gb (2x8gb) 3800Mhz CL16
SSDs: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb (Boot)/Samsung 860 QVO 1TB (Storage)
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 (750w)

Last edited:
Solution
So I built a new PC last November 1 and been using it every day. I have this issue where Windows 10 is randomly freezing when idle. I think it happened twice now and I only have Discord, Spotify, and Edge opened with a few tabs and windows open.
The behavior is that the windows can't be minimized or closed, I can't right-click, can't go to ctrl+alt+del to try and restart, the taskbar is weird when trying to click, and I can't shutdown nor restart.

I have the necessary drivers installed as well. The last resort is to hard boot (holding the power button for 8s for the PC to turn off) and turn it on again. I regularly run my Antivirus scans (Malwarebytes) and not finding any issues.
I'm not quite sure what to check in the Event Viewer...

I'm not quite sure what to check in the Event Viewer as well so I can't pinpoint what may have caused the issue

Here are my current specs:

Code:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Cooler: Wraith Prism
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1070 OC 8GB
SSDs: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb (Boot)/Samsung 860 QVO 1TB (Storage)
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 (750w)
Has this been the issue since built or recently? I'm a little confused on this. If since you built it make sure your ram and everything is fully seated. And if that dosnt work. Make sure you have cleared all the test info from your mobo bios. Asus pre test all their tuff boards to garentee their warranty on them. So with the psu unplugged remove the lithium battery from the mobo and hold the power button on the tower for 30s x2s and the reseat lithium battery in mobo and psu cable boot system hopefully this will help

Solution