Question Windows 10 Refuses to Update

michaeltbb8

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
Windows 10 on my PC refuses to update. I have tried many things, but none of them have worked. I have tried restarting the Windows Update service, I've tried deleting SoftwareDistribution and catroot2, I've tried using the Windows 10 update assistant, I've tried updating through the Windows Media Installation tool, I've tried using DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by SFC /scannow (yes I opened command prompt as administrator). It said it found corrupt files, but could not repair them. I was able to create a txt file that logs what files are corrupted, but I am having a hard time looking through the logs. So far I found that it could not repair aspnet_wp.exe, so I replaced it with a good file, but I still couldn't update. I'll post the file, it's called sfcdetails.txt. I ran a .bat file that is supposed to collect Windows update failure logs, which I will upload here, called Upgrade_failure_logs_2022-12-22_21-00-01. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I do not want to have to completely reinstall Windows, I want to update.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2020-‎10-‎11
OS build 19044.1766
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

sfcdetails.txt
Upgrade_failure_logs_2022-12-22_21-00-01

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

once you have USB
put it in the PC that won't update while windows is running
navigate to File explorer (Win key + E)
find the usb drive
run setup
agree to upgrade current PC
PC will restart and install 22H2, and should fix all those problems.

this is an update, not a clean install. It just uses the installer as it includes all the files it needs on the USB.

michaeltbb8

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

once you have USB
put it in the PC that won't update while windows is running
navigate to File explorer (Win key + E)
find the usb drive
run setup
agree to upgrade current PC
PC will restart and install 22H2, and should fix all those problems.

this is an update, not a clean install. It just uses the installer as it includes all the files it needs on the USB.
I've already tried this. I got an error saying Windows failed to update.