[SOLVED] Windows 10 Setup - display stays in power saver

May 28, 2020
I upgraded my PC today with a new mobo/cpu/vid card/memory. After doing so, it booted up fine. I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10, though, so I ran windows setup, told it to save nothing, and hit install. It did the preparation count, then restarted the system - and since then, the display immediately goes to power saver mode no matter what I do, and although the system seems to be running, the mouse and keyboard have power, and the system is only beeping once when I restart, nothing happens. I can't even get the PC into BIOS or any sort of boot menu.

At this point, I really want to just wipe the C drive and try again, but have no idea how to manage that. Any thoughts?

Solution
So, you pretty much put together a new system, used the previous windows 10 install and it booted up Windows 10 with no problem. You then shut down your PC and then tried to boot from an install USB, but the monitor powers off before it starts to boot.

My first question would be, what are you using as an install media? You should be using a USB made using the MS Media Creation Tool. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ If it still doesn't work, try using another USB port and/or try using another USB.
Boot into the installation media where you have access to view and erase the partitions of the drives. Doing it through windows 10 can be very spotty...

Also not being able to get into the BIOS has nothing to do with your C: drive. Does a post screen come up when you turn your system on?

May 28, 2020
No. As soon as I turn the system on or restart, it beeps once and then the display says "Entering Power Saver". I know that the BIOS and the C drive are entirely separate issues. My goal from the beginning was to format the C drive and do a clean install. I'm just saying that as it stands right now, I can't seem to do anything, because the display goes straight to power saver before I can see anything at all, so I can't get a command prompt, a BIOS screen, or anything.

Try booting with all your drives unplugged (sata and power) as well as your mouse and keyboard. See if you can get a post.

Make sure your CPU is correctly mounted as well as the CPU cooler.

Make sure you are not shorting the motherboard with a standoff under the board where it isn't supposed to be.

May 28, 2020
Unpluged the SATA drives, same thing. The monitor showed a DELL logo briefly (It's a Dell U3011) and then went in to power saver. The CPU is seated properly as is the cooler and fans. There doesn't seem to be any issue with the mobo seating either. The keyboard and mouse are lit, I can activate caps lock, numlock, etc.. But no display.

So, you pretty much put together a new system, used the previous windows 10 install and it booted up Windows 10 with no problem. You then shut down your PC and then tried to boot from an install USB, but the monitor powers off before it starts to boot.

My first question would be, what are you using as an install media? You should be using a USB made using the MS Media Creation Tool. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ If it still doesn't work, try using another USB port and/or try using another USB.

Solution
May 28, 2020

Yep. I created a USB before I did the rebuild, using the tool. I have tried it in multiple ports. I have also tried rebooting without the usb in at all now, and it does the same thing. I will try to create a new install usb..