Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
R7 5800X
1070 TI
32GB (2x16) 3600MHz
MSI MAG B550
BeQuiet! Straight Power 11 750W 80+ Platinum
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB(boot drive)

Went to shutdown my computer after a few hours of use until I realized a few moments later coming back that it blue screened before it fully shutdown, saying that "Automatic Repair has failed". I restarted the computer and it immediately started trying to do another automatic repair and then sends me to the "Choose an Option" bluescreen.
I tried to use a restore point that I manually saved a few weeks ago but failed to even restore the point giving me this screen

FYRGDf5WYAI_lAh

Funnily enough, I had the same problem a few months back which I gave up in trying to fix and just did a fresh install of Windows, but seeing it happen twice already is really making me want to find out why it keeps doing this. This is a PC I built last year which uses the same GPU and some storage drives that I used from a previous PC that never had this problem.

Also would like to know if it's possible that my boot drive itself may be defective which is what's causing this? My boot drive is pretty much the only new storage drive that I got for this build

Last edited:
Solution
R7 5800X
1070 TI
32GB (2x16) 3600MHz
MSI MAG B550

Went to shutdown my computer after a few hours of use until I realized a few moments later coming back that it blue screened before it fully shutdown, saying that "Automatic Repair has failed". I restarted the computer and it immediately started trying to do another automatic repair and then sends me to the "Choose an Option" bluescreen.
I tried to use a restore point that I manually saved a few weeks ago but failed to even restore the point giving me this screen

FYRGDf5WYAI_lAh

Funnily enough, I had the same problem a few months back...
R7 5800X
1070 TI
32GB (2x16) 3600MHz
MSI MAG B550

FYRGDf5WYAI_lAh

Funnily enough, I had the same problem a few months back which I gave up in trying to fix and just did a fresh install of Windows, but seeing it happen twice already is really making me want to find out why it keeps doing this. This is a PC I built last year which uses the same GPU and some storage drives that I used from a previous PC that never had this problem.

Also would like to know if it's possible that my boot drive itself may be defective which is what's causing this? My boot drive is pretty much the only new storage drive that I got for this build
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk except for the OS disk......test

Solution

KiruseiNagisa

Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
So I've reconnected one drive at a time while also powering my PC off and on for each one, but the problem hasn't come back. Is there still a way to find which drive is causing it? Or should I go ahead and wipe each drive

Found the actual download page

FYTm9wPX0AcMeYH

FYTm9wOXoAIJSZI

FYTm9wOWIAAnDLQ

FYTm9wOWYAE__VP
Nothing jumps out as being bad.

Perhaps the unplug and replug fixed your issue.....time will tell.

Keep an eye on the crc error count on the seagate disk.
If it moves up it will be something to investigate.

If you click on function/ advanced feature/ raw values and put a tick in decimal it makes it easier for we non-weenies to understand.

Reactions: KiruseiNagisa

KiruseiNagisa

Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
Nothing jumps out as being bad.

Perhaps the unplug and replug fixed your issue.....time will tell.

Keep an eye on the crc error count on the seagate disk.
If it moves up it will be something to investigate.

If you click on function/ advanced feature/ raw values and put a tick in decimal it makes it easier for we non-weenies to understand.
So the automatic repair loop actually happened again and I decided to take this as an opportunity to narrow down which drive it was by disconnecting it one by one

I disconnected the 2TB HDD and surprisingly it wasn't what caused the problem as the automatic repair loop was still happening, but then I disconnected the E drive which was my 500GB SSD and then it started working again.

I should probably mention as I forgot to before that my E drive was my boot drive for my previous PC, but I believe that I've already deleted the previous windows files on it. Should I keep narrowing it down to what's causing this within the drive or just completely wipe it?