Windows 10 Tile Database is Corrupt.

Jun 20, 2018
Hello all,

So I've been having this issue with a couple different PC's. The problem has just started within the past couple of days. I ran the Start Menu Troubleshooter to find that the tile database was corrupted. I ran sfc /scannow, as well as some powershell scripts and the dism command

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

All with no luck. I also tried to migrate a tile database from a user that wasn't having this issue. Well it turns out Microsoft and Win 10 do not store that file anymore in AppData. The search feature will freeze when entering searches and the start menu will disappear very quickly. Not really sure what else to try from here thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Another solution I found was to create a new local account as it is likely your user is corrupt.

It is faster to make a new local account - see here - make it admin, copy the contents of C:\users\username folder out of old into new. From here all you need to do is set up browsers, log back into steam (If you used it) and set up Onedrive (once again, only if you used it). No need to mess with files or download anything. Takes 15 minutes at most.

That is the solution suggested by Microsoft. I made a new account last year, it literally takes a few minutes to do.