[SOLVED] Windows 10 TPM - "Loading of the Management Console Failed. Provider Load Failure. Try Again."

Oct 19, 2021
I recently cleared my TPM as a troubleshooting step for something I was doing.
Now, whenever I open TPM.msc or even Security Processor settings, it can't identify my TPM. I get the seemly infamous "Loading of the management console failed. Provider load failure." error.
I did a Google search to reveal this link "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/cannot-load-tpm-management-console" but even after following all the steps, it still does not work.
I have since disabled and reenabled the TPM in my BIOS. I've also cleared the TPM from my BIOS and from the Windows Security app, neither of which has helped.
I have an HP Notebook, model number 15-ba015wm. I'll be happy to provide more information about my machine.
Does anyone have a solution to this, other than reinstalling Windows?
I have crossposted this post to Microsoft and HP Forums.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-failed/b9d4ef51-72ac-4906-afb8-0160e33f6284

Solution
if powershell command wont work after reboot, then we will need to enable wmi tracing in eventviewer to see why it fails
open event viewer, view menu -> show analytics and debug logs
then on left side navvigate to:
application and service logs -> microsoft -> windows -> WMI-Activity -> Operational
here shold be some errors
clicking through them you should see in general log something like this:

root\CIMV2\Security\MicrosoftTpm : win32_tpm::ChangeOwnerAuth; ResultCode = 0x80041003
which in this case would be access denied (when changing owner)

you dont need to post all WMI errors, just TPM related errors
that powershell script throws any error?
it basicly does just enable TPM in your bios, nothing else (or sends requests to bios to enable it)
if no error and its enabled..hmm

try this
Code:
$tpm = Get-WmiObject -class Win32_Tpm -namespace root\CIMV2\Security\MicrosoftTpm -ComputerName $computerSystem -Authentication PacketPrivacy

Oct 19, 2021
i see

$tpm = something is shortcut
if this one throws error, others commands ($tpm.do something) wont work either

lets look at that provider issue

look in device manager if TPM is there present, if its there, uninstall it and reboot
look-for-TPM-in-device-manager.png

Last edited:
if powershell command wont work after reboot, then we will need to enable wmi tracing in eventviewer to see why it fails
application and service logs -> microsoft -> windows -> WMI-Activity -> Operational

root\CIMV2\Security\MicrosoftTpm : win32_tpm::ChangeOwnerAuth; ResultCode = 0x80041003

Solution
Oct 19, 2021
i see

$tpm = something is shortcut
if this one throws error, others commands ($tpm.do something) wont work either

lets look at that provider issue

look in device manager if TPM is there present, if its there, uninstall it and reboot
look-for-TPM-in-device-manager.png
The management console still does not work after this step. I'm about to try the other step.

Oct 19, 2021

The PowerShell commands give me errors still.
I don't see any TPM related errors. Most of them are very similar to the one selected here.
View: https://imgur.com/a/jhfueIK

That error and similar errors are the only type I see, unless I'm just blind.
similar could help :)

in event viewer on left side, right click operational (application and service logs -> microsoft -> windows -> WMI-Activity -> Operational )
clikck on filer current log, on event level check mark "error", then click ok
right click operational and pick "save filtered log file as..."
save it , and upload it to some webhosting (onedrive can be used aswell)
then post share link for that evtx file

Oct 19, 2021
similar could help :)

in event viewer on left side, right click operational (application and service logs -> microsoft -> windows -> WMI-Activity -> Operational )
clikck on filer current log, on event level check mark "error", then click ok
right click operational and pick "save filtered log file as..."
save it , and upload it to some webhosting (onedrive can be used aswell)
then post share link for that evtx file
To be honest, I got tired of waiting and reinstalled Windows. I had nothing of large importance on my laptop anyways. Everything I use is on my desktop.
Anyways I reinstalled Windows and checked it again. It still wasn't working.
I went to Windows Security and cleared my TPM from there. One reboot later and it's working again :)
Even though we couldn't fix it, thanks for trying to help me out :)