Question Windows 10 v1903 Taskbar and Controller Issue

Vyns__

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
Hi all,

I'm having 2 issues that have been bugging me for several months now.

1. When watching youtube, netflix and downloaded videos (through VideoLan) in full screen, after about 20 minutes the taskbar appears and I have to click the screen to bring the video window back to the forefront.

2. When playing Games, (currently Obsidians The Outer Worlds), in either Fullscreen or Borderless Windows. After about 20 minutes my Gamepad becomes unresponsive and I have to click on the game with my mouse and then the controller works again for about 20-30 minutes.

To me, it seems like my Fullscreen (or Borderless/Fullscreen) fail to maintain exclusivity and the clicking on the screen to bring them back to the forefront fixes the issues temporarily.

As far as I know, I have all the latest drivers installed, and my main system components are MSI GTX2060 Gaming graphics card, Intel i7 6700K (not overclocked), m.2 256Gb Boot drive and 1Tb Samsung SSD gamedrive.

I have a few programs running in the background such as Afterburner and RivaTuner, but I have removed all of those and booted clean, and it still happens.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be willing to try just about anything.

EDIT: Should have mentioned. I've tried both and Xbox Elite Controller with USB Dongle and a Dualshock 4 Controller through Bluetooth and DS4WIN software and both lose connection the same way. By connection, I mean to the game as they are both still lit up and connected.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. this is the answer MIcrosoft gives
Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager. On the "Processes" tab, scroll down to "Windows Explorer" and highlight it. Click the "Restart" button in the bottom right corner of the task manager. That should do the trick.
here are a few more fixes - https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-taskbar-showing-in-fullscreen/

2. which version of win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current version is 1903.

Only ask as one guy fixed a controller problem by updating windows.

Vyns__

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I've tried that restart explorer thing, but no change.

Winver says Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418), but I've had this damn issue for about 3 or 4 months now. Was thinkings it's my controller, (3 years old now), but the ps4 controller acts the same and that's new and connects differently.

Vyns__

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
I may, only may, have found the issue. The actual Taskbar tries to come to the front of any full screen program whether it's a video, youtube, ot games.

I've tried, several times, the 'Restart Explorer' fix, but that makes no difference.

Is it possible to force the taskbar to stay behind full screen apps, I can't seem to see any options.

Thanks.